FIND OUT HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
Keeping Employees Safe During Travel
Posted on: January 14, 2016 by Newmark Insurance
Traveling is a big part of work for a number of professionals. As an employer, it is imperative that you provide the right tools and information to ensure your employee’s safety. This can be achieved by considering the following recommendations for safety and having a transparent Workers’ Compensation Insurance program.
- Employee travel should be tracked regularly. This includes details on how they will be traveling, where they are headed and when their flight/bus leaves and returns. Ensure there is a clear plan for handling emergency situations, as well.
- Employees should be equipped with medical insurance, even if it is only temporary. Especially for those who travel often, this is critical.
- Travel insurance contacts should be exchanged. In case there is an issue, especially in a foreign country, employees have the assistance they’ll require.
- Train employees on proper protocols and safety regulations for traveling. Hazards are inevitable so make sure they are fully aware. For those with known health risks, make sure they are fit for travel and have emergency contact information, says HR.BLR.
- If possible, separate groups of employees in multiple airplanes, cars, and livery vehicles.
To take extra precaution, employees can take steps of their own to promote their own safety. These include, but are not limited to, becoming familiar with the location and using a navigation system, staying hydrated, getting plenty of rest, and carrying important items in a travel kit.
At NewMark Insurance Services, we want to promote the safety of your employees both in the office and abroad. These comprehensive and affordable coverages are paramount to the functionality of your firm. For more information about our products, contact us today at (855) 777-6549.